Wedding Photo Sneak Peak Slideshow

Check out this post by our photographer! It's a slide show sneak peek of our wedding photos!!!

1+1=Forever by Debbie Brown Photo

Friday, July 18, 2008

Shoes, Hair, and Our First Dance!

Some more updates ...

Here are the shoes I ordered:

They are a little shorter than what I originally wanted, but that's okay! And, yes, they will be red (to match my dress)!!!
I can't wait until they arrive so I can try them on again! I just love them!!!

I recently visited Lisa (a friend of Linsey's who does hair at a salon in El Doraldo Hills) for a trim and to discuss possible wedding hair styles. I want to wear my hair half up / half down and I want it to be long and curly. After I discussed this with Lisa and showed her some pictures, she decided she wanted to try curling my hair with a flat iron to see how well it would hold the curl. Here is the result:

It actually held the curl really, really well! I was very surprised and excited!
And, while we are on the subject of hair, here are some possibilites for hair jewelry for the wedding:


I really like them both and I don't know if I can decide which one just by the picture, so I may go ahead and order both! They are very resasonable ($14.99 each) and I found them from www.whiteaisle.com - I love that website!

Our first dance song is title "I'll Be the One" and is sung by Warren Haynes - the lead singer of a band called Gov't Mule. It's a great song ... here are the lyrics!

I'll Be The One
When you're walking down the street
I'll be the one that stares like a statue
You turn the corner
I'll be the one that follows you downtown
When you finally notice me
I'll be the one fumbling with his feelings
Totally oblivious to anything and everything else around

Girl, when we met
I'll be the one that showers you with attention
To win your love
I'll fight until the very end
When you treat me like a fool
I'll be the one that doesn't need redemption
Yeah, drive me away
I'll keep coming back again and again

I'll be the rain if you want me to be
Help you to grow with no guarantee
Even be the clown sad but true
But don't use me up
Or I'll be the one that used to worship you

When silence fills your world
I'll be the one that knows what you're thinking
And when passion burns like fire
I'll be the one bathing in the light
When the curse of darkness falls
I'll be the one who offers a candle
I'll even be the cushion
For things that go crazy in the night

I'll be the rain if you want me to be
Help you to grow with no guarantee
Even be the clown sad but true
But don't use me up
Or I'll be the one that used to worship you

I'll be the rain if you want me to be
Help you to grow with no guarantee
Even be the clown sad but true
But don't use me up
Or I'll be the one that used to worship you

Believe it or not, Jon and I have only ever danced together once before, back at a wedding we attended in the summer of 2005! I'm very excited to dance together at our wedding as husband and wife!!!

1 comment:

26.2 miles to go said...

love, love, love the shoes. :) red!! wow, the hair jewelry is cheap. i can't vote on the hair, b/c honestly, i think you will love it and it will look great no matter what it is. :)