Wedding Photo Sneak Peak Slideshow

Check out this post by our photographer! It's a slide show sneak peek of our wedding photos!!!

1+1=Forever by Debbie Brown Photo

Sunday, February 22, 2009

27: Pretty dresses for pretty little girls

27 days to go!

Today was a very successful day conquering many items on the to-do list and completing some DIY projects. But before I get to any of that ... I want to blog about the adorable dresses we picked up for our flower girls a couple of weeks ago.

We are fortunate enough to have two absolutely adorable little girls in our lives - my niece, Shyann, and my cousin's daughter, Taeyah. Shyann is the daughter of my only brother and she just turned 6 in January. Taeyah is my maid of honor, Farina's, daughter and will be 4 in April. These two little girls are so darn cute that I just had to have them both as flower girls in our wedding!

Considering how young these two girls are I wanted to wait until pretty close to the wedding to get them dresses. I also wanted to be budget savvy and find matching dresses under $50 each. I started searching online in late December but I was not having any luck finding anything in the price range I was looking for. Then one Saturday afternoon, as we were out running errands for my bridal shower we decided to stop at Burlington Coat Factory to see if they had any white dresses for little girls.

One of the dilemmas I was running into online was that Shaynn wears a little girls size 6 and Taeyah wears a toddlers size 4T. Online I was not finding very many options of the same dress in both toddler and little girl sizes. Luckily, Burlington Coat Factory had a wide selection of white christening gowns in all sizes! We searched the racks until we found matching dresses in both sizes, in our price range, that were almost as adorable as the little girls that will be wearing them!


This photo does not do this dress justice! The girls got to try their dresses on at my bridal shower (I wish I would have gotten a picture) and they looked so darling in their matching dresses - I can't wait for them to wear them on our wedding day!!!

No comments: