Wedding Photo Sneak Peak Slideshow

Check out this post by our photographer! It's a slide show sneak peek of our wedding photos!!!

1+1=Forever by Debbie Brown Photo

Thursday, January 8, 2009

72: Let's talk about our invites

72 days to go!

When Jon & I got engaged ... I had no idea about anything we/I would want for our wedding ... least of all the invites. I just figured we would purchase them from some catalog and that would be that. But then I discovered The Knot dot com's message boards and BIO's! And it opened my eyes to a whole new world! It was there that I discovered many of the wonderful ideas we're using for our wedding: the birdcage card box, the memory candle, reserved signs, and the wonderful world of pocket folds - just to name a few. Granted, my best friend, Kylie (matron of honor), also used pocket folds ... I just didn't ever realize how popular and diverse they could be.

Jon & I knew we wanted some simple and classic which ended up being perfect since they are also our main wedding colors! I discovered this website via The Knot dot com's message boards (I'm sure) and that's where we ordered our pocket folds and all our pre-cut paper and envelopes! We opted not to include any home-printed inserts, but instead we enclosed a pre-printed insert and map that we got from our venue (which is an all-in-one location for the ceremony, reception and a hotel)! We absolutely loved how they turned out!

And so far ... everyone else has said they loved the way they turned out, too!

No comments: